Thursday, March 1, 2012

1 month!


Somewhere between yesterday and today, our little gal turned one month. She was born on the 30th and since we don't have a 30th in February... its somewhere in between. Wow. I cannot believe it has been a whole month. What a blur. My days roll into nights and my nights into days. I think I finally might be getting the hang of things, either that or hanging on the edge of sanity... it depends on the day. One thing is for sure though. I am in love with Londyn Belle. She is such a sweetheart. She seriously melts my heart. I know it sounds super cheese, but that really is how I would describe it. She has blessed our lives a million times over. I'll be honest, I've had a few melt downs and break downs trying to figure out what her little tears are telling me, but I do LOVE being a momma. Today I put her on her back on her little blanket while she kicked her little legs and squirmed around. She is such a little chatterbox. Even when she is sleeping, she is cooing and making little kitten noises. So as she was laying on her blanket, both of us chatting back and forth, she started to smile at me. And not just one little smile like the ones we've had here and there. No, she seriously kept smiling at me as I would talk to her. Its was in that moment that I forgot that I haven't slept a full night in a month, that my house is a little messier than before and that my showers come at the most random times of the day. It was the most amazing feeling. I felt like for just a second she was telling me, "you're doing ok mom". I needed that from her. I sat there and watched her as tears rolled down my face. So grateful for my beautiful little girl. She is my little angel. We've really started to get to know each other over the last month. Somethings she does that I never want to forget...
-She is such a chatterbox. Always making little noises and squeeks.
-When she eats she grunts as she breaths in, like she can't get the milk in fast enough
-She loves her swing. It has saved us. That's what she sleeps in every night.
-She's had a little cold for a couple weeks. Its getting better, but makes her "snore" or just breathe really loud at night. I don't mind. I love listening to her breath as I lie awake at night. It gives me peace of mind.
-When we turn off the lights, her little eyes widen like they're going to pop out of her head.
-She loves being rocked, bounced and sang too. She loves primary songs.
-She LOVES the car. Its a sure fire way to get the gal to sleep.
-When she's in her carseat, she HAS to be moving. Moving, moving, moving.
-She loves to cuddle and sleep with her dad. He loves it too.
-She has to have her hands out of her blanket, no matter what.
- She has the biggest toots and burbs. Wierd how I feel such an achievement when I get a big burp out of her.
- She eats everyday for sure at 3. We love watching Ellen together.
-Gabe and I still can't decide who she looks like. I hear from others more that she looks like Gabe way more than me. My sister calls her little Gabe in a baby body. My mom thinks she's a combo. I think I see more Gabe in her. But... her eyes are blue... Just like her mamma's.
-She is so sweet. I love every day with her.

Here are some pics at one month and some others from the rest of the month. I know. I take way to many pictures.













2 comments:

charyse crowley said...

that blog made me laugh girl your blog is so good

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Abbs that post was awesome. I'm so glad Londyn's giving you some reassurance that you're doing a fabulous job! It's such a guessing game and it never stops! She is perfect and beautiful. I can't believe how different she looks with all her different facial expressions. She is such a sweet girl. Can't wait to hold her and cuddle her and for her and Janie to become best buds! Love you Abbs. Hang in there! xoxoxo