Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My 6 Week Grace period...


It's over... My grace period is over. It's been 6 weeks. Let me explain. From day one, people have been giving me a time frame. 6 weeks. They've told me, "she won't start sleeping good until about 6 weeks." "Don't even think about a diet or exercise for the first 6 weeks." "Don't worry, the first 6 weeks are a total haze." "No 'you know what' for 6 weeks." "Go see the doctor after 6 weeks." "Don't worry about your messy house or your sweat pants or the fact that you haven't showered in three days... just give it 6 weeks." Well... My 6 weeks are up.... Yesterday. I feel like it was dooms day, like the morning rolled in with a low and loud DUN DUN DUN!!! Am I supposed to be wonder mom by now? Should I really fit into my pre pregnancy clothes by now? Do I really need to shower EVERY day? Just kiddin'... Seriously though. Well I decided no. I don't need to be wonder mom or a size 6 by now. I really am writing this to just laugh about it. I'm not getting down on myself and I know I don't need to have everything figured out by now. In fact, I'm willing to bet I don't have everything figured out by the time she moves out when she's 20. I think I'm just going to take it day by day. Or at least 6 weeks by 6 weeks. I decided with my 6 weeks behind me, I should make some new goals, like eating a little better, get my butt back to movin and groovin at the gym (or at least in my living room with a Jillian Michaels and P90x dvd). I'm trying to implement somewhat of a schedule at night with Londyn. She really is doing so good. 6 hours the last 2 nights. I almost don't want to say that out loud in fear that I might jinx it. I've been out of the house a little bit more with her and today I actually ran quite a few errands. I am loving this little gal as my side kick. What a fun girlfriend she is. And so so darn cute. I love showing her off. Her newest accomplishment... smiling. She is actually starting to make eye contact and smile at people. It melts my heart. I feel like I'm starting to get to know her personality a little bit more, and she sure loves to snuggle. We are 2 in love parents to this little gal. I feel like even though life got crazy crazy hectic... It's a little simpler at the same time. There's not really a whole lot more that I need when I'm at home snuggling with my cute husband and my adorable baby. I love them more than I thought I could. And it's only going to get better. Here's to the next 6 weeks!

Ok, and Londyn's little friend Capri was born just a couple days ago! Isn't she a doll?! Congrats to our wonderful friends Marianne and Landon. Capri and Londyn played in heaven while their parents cruised across the Atlantic just a year ago. Crazy where we've all been in a year! Anywho... Look how big Londyn looks next to her. And Capri was even a little bigger than Londyn when she was born. Crazy what 6 weeks can do!

1 comment:

lifeisapicnic said...

THey don't move out at 20!.......thank heavens!!
MOM