Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baby Land...

Welcome to Baby land. When I first found out we were having a baby, I couldn't wait to decorate the nursery. And how fun once we found out we were having a little girl. But living on a student budget isn't easy and doesn't leave a whole lot of extra mula to decorate. Thank the heavens we live in Arizona, the yard sale capitol of the world. We basically did her whole nursery via yard sale finds. At first I wasn't sure about the whole idea, looking at yard sales for your babies room. You know, you want the best for your baby, especially the first. But once we started looking, the hunt was on and we had a blast every saturday morning hunting for good finds. And we found awesome stuff. Her room is adorable and I love being in it with Londyn. It definitely is a girly girl room. It's perfect for her.


In case we forget whose room it is, the blinged out "L" leads the way.
A picture from the door way, seeing part of her room. Don't mind that the frames have pictures of random people. I haven't developed pictures yet. And Don't you love all those bows? Thank you mom. My baby would be bowless without you!
Another picture from the doorway, you can see half her room.
Her little changing table and dresser. I am in love with how the dresser turned out. Gabe and I found an old brown dresser at a yard sale. We brought it home, sanded, painted, and distressed. It turned out awesome. I love love love the color. Gabe and I also did the name on the wall. It was all Gabe's idea. He is so creative. We also found the chandelier at a yard sale for a screamin' deal.
A close up of her name and the chandelier.
A close up of her dresser.
And her little bird jewelry holder is my favorite.
Her cute little armoir. Long story behind this gem, but basically we found it on the side of the road all beat up and free. Gabe insisted we bring it home. He repainted and added knobs. It is my favorite. It looks perfect in her room.
Her little decorations. That "L" in the middle is a picture from a Prague. The "L" was carved in a fountain in the courtyard of Prague Castle. I loved it and took it for my sister Lauren. I didn't know it at the time, but we had little Londyn on board in my belly.
Her cute little wardrobe.
She hasn't really dug into her toy basket yet but we do take advantage of the books. She loves being read to. Gabe's grandma gave us the awesome rocking chair. I love it. Londyn is so lucky to have such great grandmas and great grandmas.
Gabe built and painted her shelf from things he found at the D.I. It turned out awesome. I have been saving these little decorations to put up in my little girls room. Both those dolls have been waiting for my little girl. I used to play with the glass doll when I was little. And the little blue one was my grandma spencer's when she was little. It's fun to pass on all this stuff to my daughter. Gabe's mom did the cute flower arrangement and we found the little chair at a yard sale. It reminds me of my Grandma's famous line: "No empty chairs in heaven or earth."
This hangs above her crib. My mom gave the picture to her while we were in the hospital.
The crib. Isn't it the Cutest?!!! Again, we found the crib at a yard sale for an awesome price. It was in the BEST condition, we couldn't pass it up. And my amazing mom worked endless hours to make her bedding. Isn't it beautiful?! I am so so lucky. She really is amazing. I LOVE it! It looks like it's straight off of pinterest. Right?!
A close up of the darling fabric. I LOVE the ruffles.
The start of her shoe collection. ;)
My little baby lounging in her crib... in her swing. The only way she'll sleep right now.
The whole wall. You can see how everything fits together.
And the window wall.

3 comments:

AshleyS said...

Everything is so cute, Abs!!! I'm DYING to hold my niece!

Joanie said...

DO NOT be ashamed of decorating your nursery secondhand! It's so much better for the environment.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how many cute things you find out yard sales! That motivates me to start looking around. The whole room looks incredibly cute!