Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Almost 31 weeks...

I am 7 months along! I am 2 weeks and 2 days into my third trimester! Only 68 days left! And I am almost 31 weeks!!!! Not that I'm counting or anything....

I seriously have an issue with keeping track of this pregnancy. I am counting down the days till this little gal gets here. I've set myself up an account on babycenter.com and every monday it tells me how many weeks I am along. On monday I will say that I am 30 weeks (or what ever week I am on) but as soon as Tuesday hits, I will tell people that I am ALMOST 31 weeks... (or what ever the next week is). I don't know why I think that helps me to pass the time... but it does.

So... How's it going? This whole pregnancy thing at this point in time? How am I feeling? I get asked these questions on a daily basis, so I thought, maybe I should document it, for my self. And seeing as how I don't keep a journal, this is the next best thing. To be honest... I really cannot complain about my pregnancy. I think that I could write the book on the most average pregnancy in the history of all pregnancies. I swear things happen to the day that they are supposed to. On baby center.com they send me emails of things I should be expecting at that point in my pregnancy. Yep. They are dead on. Every time. About 3 days after we found out we were expecting, morning sickness and fatigue set in. But not excessive... average. About 2 days after I hit the second trimester, I felt like a million bucks. I got my energy back... I hear thats normal. And the day that my third trimester hit... swollen feet. Lovely. The only thing I was hoping to dodge in pregnancy. Sausage feet. But, lo and behold, I am average. It's really cute when I wear my Toms (ok, knock off Toms) and my feet plump up over the edge. I'm also getting restless leg syndrome at night. I sit on the couch and kick my legs like I'm riding a invisible bike. I'm sure its really entertaining to watch. My fingers are starting to swell a bit. I'm appreciating my wedding ring and hoping I can wear it for a few more weeks :) How am I sleeping? Reasonable. Its not bad yet. I hear it gets bad. I have lost all tact though in asking my cute husband to move over and forget about snuggling for the next couple months. My nesting is kicking in a little bit. I have this urge to get all my Christmas shopping done weeks and weeks in advance, like back in October. Of course my problem with procrastination hasn't been wiped out with pregnancy. Her room isn't done yet. We finished her cute changing table and have the crib set up. But now the room is bombarded with christmas boxes. That was a task, getting out all my Christmas decor. I'm dreading putting it all away when I'm twice as big. I'm hoping the elves do that. Clumsiness? Yes. While putting up the tree, the whole thing fell right on top of me. I am always stumbling over things and at all meals I look down and have crumbs on my belly... like a 4 year old. Gabe says I'm getting mommy powers. Or in other words, I'm a bit more feisty and I don't take people's crap like I used to. I'm not sure that's a good thing. I'm really not mean though. Still sweet... I think. The scale is crawling up. That's really fun, and that's all I'm going to say about that. I am feeling huge. Like elephant big, but I guess I'm not excessive. I am a little nervous though for the next couple of months. Oh well... You're only big and pregnant once plus three more times right? I am getting more and more excited about her coming, yet I still feel like its surreal. I don't think it has hit me that I'm actually going to have a baby... a real life baby!! I can feel her kicking though all the time, and occasionally I'll feel her little hard foot from the outside. I can't even wait until she is on the outside of me and not on the inside. But stay in there Little Londyn! We want you to finish cooking! I just can't wait to hug and kiss her and love her. She's going to be so cute! We try and imagine what she'll look like and act like. What a fun thing it is to have your first baby, and I really am cherishing this. She is such a blessing to us. We are getting close! Only 9 and a little bit more weeks!

No comments: