Thursday, May 20, 2010

For the Love of the Game...



On Tuesday night Gabe and I got some Awesome Tickets to the Dodgers game! Thank you Jon and Mckelle!!!! After work, we headed toward the beautiful city of...
We obviously had a lot of time to sit in traffic and make some good conversation...
They call Baseball, "America's Favorite Past time", and for me, that is exactly what baseball means to me. Back in early May of 2008, Gabe and my relationship had just started to really bloom. We had just barely told each other the "L" word, and we really jumped into it, when I invited Gabe and his little brother Roman to join my friends and I on a trip back to Ecuador. We decided to drive to LAX, and since we got there about 12 hours early, we hit up a Dodger's game. We sat at the top of the bleachers, and peered down at the little guys on the field, throwing around what looked like a baseball. I remember sitting next to Gabe and getting all those first butterflies. What an exciting time, falling in love and watching Baseball. Later that year we went to lots of baseball games, and Gabe even proposed on the jumbo tron...
So what did Gabe and I talk about during the 2 hour drive to L.A.?...

Of course I reminisced and Gabe was so sweet to humor me and listen to me point things out that I remembered from our first time together in the Dodger Stadium! We had so much fun! And we were a little closer to the action this time. That's right. Those right there of the bum cheeks of Manny Ramirez. I have never sat close and I was super excited about it.
Now, I'm going to be honest... I'm a little torn. Is it OK to be an Angel's fan and a Dodger's fan? For some reason, as I sat in the stadium and looked around, I felt like I really belonged there. Maybe it was this calling my name....
I love that Fernando Valenzuela played there and that so many people still wear his jersey. Gabe bought this shirt when we went the first time. I accidentally shrunk it (not on purpose) in the dryer. I just get to wear it now...
We loved the game, we talked the whole way home about how much fun we had. I got those excited butterflies again. Only this time, its because not only do I get to sit next to that handsome guy, but the name on the shirt belongs to me!
GO DODGERS!
love,
gabe and abby VALENZUELA

No comments: