Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cars, Keys, cops... and cereal.

This post is long... And I don't blame you if you don't read it... but I had to write it down. It's too classic of a story not to remember!


Wow... What a day. I am exhausted and here's why:
The day started with loads of potential. I woke up a little later than usual seeing as how my schedule at work has changed. I had until 1 pm to relax, hit up the gym, take our Texas on a walk and leisurely take my time to shower and get ready for the day. Gabe was trying to get everything done before he headed off to Vegas to pick up a big truck he had to drive back for his company. Gabe was at his desk, and even though he was working, it was nice to just have him in the other room. The morning, needless to say was fabulous. Ten o'clock rolled around. Gabe got his final emails in and got all packed up, ready to go. He was going to make some sales calls on the way to the airport. He gave me a big kiss, and headed out... NOT SO FAST. Not with out his keys. He started to look. Not soon after the beginning of his search, he engaged me in the hunt. Within minutes, our house was turned upside down. Looking, Looking, Looking. The keys were no where!!!! NO Where to be found! We knew they were in the house, we had used them the night before to get in. But they were honestly not here. We replayed the entire night, seriously, we acted it out. Then Gabe re-inacted his walk with Texas, hoping maybe they'd fallen out of his sweatshirt. They were gone. What the heck?!!! I've never been so frustrated. And its not like its cheap to get a new key... about the cost of an American Bulldog puppy.... Finally we decided I would have to take him to the airport in the hoopdy... other wise known as the Corolla. Only problem is, my car isn't registered. You see, I actually took it in to the DMV, waited in line, only to find out I don't have the original Title. I only have a copy and California hates copies. So they sent me home, register-less, in search of a TITLE. Of course, its no where to be found in this apartment... (seriously, how do you lose something in a one bedroom apartment?) ((And how do you lose the original and retain a the copy?)) So I had to request a new one, from the Utah DMV, by way of the all American mail system.... I'm still waiting... I cross my fingers every time I get in my car and drive one mile to work every day, hoping my odds are slim of a cop actually catching in that one mile... but now, I had to take Gabe to the airport... 30 minutes away. So about 5 minutes into the drive, we got pulled over... Really? Yes, really. By the police. He said he pulled us over because one of us... was not wearing their seatbelt....and then obviously saw that the car was not registered. We explained the whole bit to him and he actually felt some compassion toward the dorks in the hoopdy. Contrary to popular belief, Nice people still do exist! He only issued us a ticket for the seatbelt... CLICK IT OR TICKET!!! And sent us away. I dropped Gabe at the airport and sat in bumper to bumper traffic the whole way to work. Of course work was anything but usual. Our Air condtioner was out of service, and because the ladies I work with think that ideal working conditions are about Arctic temperatures, we had the Air guy come out. He got on the roof, changed the filter and then charged the doctor a pretty penny. For some reason, Dr. A thinks that I look similar to the Air guy and that next time I could do that filter change in order to save a buck or two... hundred... Really? So she sent me to the roof to see how its done. Last time i checked, this was absolutely not in my job description. I had to climb this insane ladder to the roof, weave my way in and out of gas lines, unscrew the huge box with a drill-a-ma-bobber, and then somehow manuver my way back down the ladder with out breaking my neck. I risked my life in the name of cool air... Never again. By the time I got to Biology, I was exhausted. When I finally got back home, I tore the house apart again, suceeding in nothing. It resulted in me, sitting on the couch, eating Captain Crunch and watching America's next top model. With the sugar running through my veins, I regrouped and was back on the hunt. 3 minutes later... I found the keys, in the shoe hanger-holder thingy.... VICTORY.
Lessons learned. God answers prayers. and I really love cereal.
Thank heavens my day is over and my bed is calling my name.

1 comment:

AshleyS said...

wow, what a day! too funny. i HATE when i can't find my car keys. i was laughing while reading this.

when are we hanging out again?