Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We live in California!


Well, it is official! We made it, and we are living in California! What a week it has been! Last monday, Gabe and I loaded the truck with all of our stuff... (seriously, you would think that newly weds wouldn't have so much stuff). It took us the whole day. It took five stops to load the truck.... the furniture at Gabe's parents', the Couch at Ashley furniture, Apollo Burger (to load our tummies... we had to eat there one last time in Utah, seeing as it is our spot), the wedding gifts at my parents, and everything else we'd been living with at Grammy and Grampa's. We finally got it all loaded and fell into bed, only to get up four hours later to make the drive. We woke up early the next morning in the dark to start driving. Bless Gabe's heart. He drove the big truck, while I followed him in my little Corolla. He said he felt like a bug in a jar, being shaken up the whole way down. We drove all day, only stopping in Primm, Nevada for an overpriced Buffet. (Didn't matter though... We were starving!) After lunch, I drove ahead of Gabe to try and get there in time to sign the lease, didn't matter though cause I didn't make it! We stayed in a Hotel that night in Annaheim Hills and the journey continued the next morning. We got there about 9:30 and Gabe and I started unloading the truck. It was a sight to see. Gabe pulling the fridge up the stairs, while I was pushing. After a few hours, we got all of our things in and sat down on our floor for some chicken from El Pollo Loco... (my new favorite fast food place). We unloaded all night, got our bed set up and the kitchen set up and once again fell into bed. I woke up ready to blog all about our move.... soon to discover that the charger for my laptop won't work!!!! Seriously.... I am yet to find an apple store and the time to fix it, so here I am blogging on Gabe's lap top... again, bless his heart for being a sweet heart and letting me use his computer. All in all the week has been awesome. We're all moved in, furniture set up, decorating yet to accomplish. We've seen Weston and Ashley and spent the day with Hailey for her birthday, we've visited our new ward and were so happy to find a lot of couples our age, were able to spend the day with my parents who were down for Hailey's birthday, and the night with Gabe's dad who was down on business. We've driven to the beach and are excited for more beach days! Gabe has been able to work and its so awesome that he can work in his area and I get to see him the nights that he does! I've been looking for a job and hoping to find one soon! We love it here and excited to see what adventures California holds for us next. I promise there will be more pictures from the move as soon as I get my charger working!

2 comments:

Erica said...

What a fun adventure! I can't wait for more posts to come! TJ and I will be down in Cali atleast three times this summer - so I MUST see you! (We move back to Utah in 3 weeks! AH!) love you lots

NatBug said...

I am so glad that you guys made it safely, and how neat to be around so many people that you know in an unfamiliar place. How awesome is it that you get to go to the beach? I am totally jealous!! I am so glad to hear that you guys have an awesome ward, that helps alot! Take care ~Natalie