Friday, April 24, 2009

Take me out to the ball game!


Angel Stadium: Home of the Anaheim Angels! Gabe's company has season tickets to all the Angels games. And on Wednesday, I was lucky enough to be his date to the game. It was so cool!!!! Gabe and I love baseball games. Last summer we spent a day in the Dodger Stadium, eating Dodger Dogs and cheering on the team. We also spent summer nights cheering on the Salt Lake Bees and even got engaged on the jumbo tron in front of a sold out crowd. Needless to say, we were excited to spend the night in the awesome Angels stadium.


The night was beautiful. I love Baseball stadiums, the smell of hot dogs, cotton candy, and nachos all rolled into one, the people that come out to cheer on the team, sing "Take me out to the ball game" and do the wave continuously, the field with the greenest grass I have ever seen, and the lights that turn the night to day.
Gabe's company has Great seats! They sit in the Club section of the stadium, the VIP section if you will. I'm not going to lie, I felt a little cool walking into those seats. During about the 5th inning, Gabe and I decided to wander around the area. We found a restaurant that sits over the field.... SO COOL. We sat down and ordered. But we didn't order any regular over-priced dodger dog....
Nope! We ordered this.... SUSHI, BUFFALO WINGS and a GOURMET BURGER!

Needless to say we enjoyed our meal. The whole time, Gabe just kept laughing at me because I looked like a wide eyed 4 year old. I kept saying, "THIS IS SO COOL!" Because really, it was.


It's not everyday you get to use chopsticks in a Major League Baseball Stadium! Ok and honestly some of the best sushi I've ever had! Oh, and even the diet pepsi tasted better than regular!

We finished up eating and ventured back to our seats. It was actually a little cold down here in California. Gabe and I had come to the game in flip-flops and shorts, expecting a nice warm summer night. Not the case. It was a little brisk if I must say, but Californians plan for these types of things. When the weather drops below 70, they come prepared. They handed out these awesome beanies to everyone, to keep their heads warm and happy. They were really the goofiest hats in the world, but Gabe humored me and put it on for the picture...(thanks babe)
All in all, it was an awesome night. What a great first week in California! Gabe is going to have a great time this season taking his clients to those games. (lucky ducks!)


Oh and on the way out, we had to stop and get a picture next to the huge "A" that stands in front of the stadium welcoming all the fans to the game. (When I was younger, I always said my favorite team were the Angels, just because of the huge "A", (Stands for Abby))
Gabriel and Abigail Valenzuela: The Anaheim Angels' newest baseball fans!

And on my next blog.... Pics from the move!

1 comment:

AshleyS said...

way to jump right in and support our team! cute pics. next time we use our friend's suite, we will have to invite you guys...if you liked the VIP section, you would LOVE the suites. you utah people have thick blood from living in the cold, but you'll notice, anything below 70 degrees requires a jacket for us natives. good luck in the job hunt!