Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! from the valenzuela's!

Beware: This is a long one, but full of pictures, so go on...

Happy Memorial Day! It was quite a full weekend here at the Valenzuela home. It was one event after another. Wes Graduated from Dental School, My parents and Grandparents came into town, we headed to the beach, and ate some yummy yummy food! And yes, I picture documented the entire thing....
For the memorial day occasion, Gabe brought home some Memorial day flowers. It made my whole week... What a sweetheart!
On the Sunday before Memorial Day, My (Really cool) older brother Wes graduated from Dental School. What an awesome accomplishment. We headed up to Loma Linda for the graduation extravaganza.... We had to fill up on Diet Pepsi to sustain us...
My cute Grammy and Grampa Yates made the trek to Cali for the Event. My Grandpa Yates is also a dentist. He is still practising today and is an amazing dentist. My brother pulled some strings and was able to get my Grandpa in the Cap and Gown to award my brother with his Diploma. I love this picture. Following in his footsteps...
Dental Hands at work...
While saving seats for hours... I was able to snap some good shots with the men of the day.


Doctor Yates D.D.S and Doctor Spencer D.D.S

Wes took on the awesome roll of Class President all 4 years of school. His reward? He spoke at graduation and gave an awesome talk.
I absolutely love this picture! It was right after Weston's name was called and My Grandpa gave him his diploma. I didn't even know I captured such an awesome moment. I was too busy being white trash and screaming Weston's name at the top of my lungs...
During the rest of the two hours of name calling, I entertained myself by snapping photos...
Papa Steve...
Gabby...
My cute grammy and mom...
Colty and Gabe...
Gabe was put in charge of entertaining Colton. I'm glad Colty was there to entertain Gabe.
Hays entertained herself as well...
Congrats Dr. Spencer! You did it!
And of course the awesome family shots after the ceremony...

We're so proud of you Wes! And you too Ash! What a cute family you have! Can't wait to hear about all your upcoming adventures! (Hailey looks so happy in this one. Good thing Mckenna is there to liven things up a bit)
For Memorial Day, My parents headed down to Orange County to spend the day with us. We took them to our favorite part of our backyard...
The Beach!
We spent the day relaxing, throwing the football, reading magazines and people watching the other hundreds of people that had the same awesome beach idea as us. It was such a fun day. We are so lucky to have the beach so close!

Afterwards, we freshened up and took them to our favorite restaurant, Tortilla Flats. You really can't beat it. Eating chips and Salsa and looking out from the patio to beautiful Mission Viejo Lake.



We ate good food and enjoyed good company. We even celebrated my birthday a little early with fried ice cream. My favorite...
Thank you Mom and Dad for coming to visit us! It was so fun! (And too short!) We loved having you down!!!!
And I love this guy!
A lot!
Happy Memorial Day Ya'll!

3 comments:

K+B said...

Your whole family is so cute! And congratulations to your brother! What an accomplishment :) can't wait for 4 years from now when we're celebrating our hubbies doing the same... When do you guys move out here?

Trav and Lizzie said...

I am jealous you live in California. I'm just putting it out there. You guys are darling!!

AshleyS said...

you got some great pictures! i was laughing so hard at that family picture with Hay's bored expression. thanks so much for coming up that day and for saving seats and for yelling Weston's name (it was not white trash, it was cute), we love you guys! don't move!