Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy ONE year to us!!


We did it!  Yesterday marked one year since Gabe and I sealed the deal.  On 12/12 of '08 Gabe and I got married for forevers in the Salt Lake Temple.  The day of our wedding was absolutely beautiful (beautiful for a December day in Salt Lake).  We woke up the next morning, (the morning of our reception) to a unbelievable snow blizzard.  I loved it.  The wedding was beautiful.  What an amazing day!  I can't believe a year has gone by.  It has been a wonderful year.  We have done so much.  We moved to California, got new jobs, traveled all over, and became best friends through it all.  I am so grateful to have Gabe in my life and I love him so much.  Happy one year babe!
   What a fun anniversary we had!   
We got all dressed up for dinner and Gabe bought me these beautiful roses.  I love, love, love getting all dressed up.  I feel like I'm going to prom... only way better.  
Aren't they the most beautiful red roses?!

We went to dinner at this great little Italian place called Tannin's in San Juan Capistrano.  The food was fantastic.  And we definitely stuffed our selves.  

Then we headed down to San Diego.  We stayed in the Marriott in La Jolla.  It was beautiful.  And Gabe worked his magic and got us into the suite.  

This is a horrible picture, I know, but this was the view from our balcony.  That lighted building in the background is the beautiful San Diego Temple.  You can see it a little better in the lighted picture from the morning. 



The awesome view from the balcony.
Just "hanging out" in our room.
OK.  This is my most favorite part of all. Most of you have probably seen this famous picture.  It is absolutely my favorite picture.  I always said (before I was married) that some day I was going to find some body who would kiss me like this.  Well.... I found him... 
A few months ago, Gabe had to go down to San Diego for a work thing.  He found this huge statue and immediately thought of me... He's so cute.  He kept it a secret until our anniversary.  The morning of our actual anniversary, 12/12, we drove from our hotel to San Diego.  Gabe said he had a surprise for me.  He told me we were going to take a picture.  As we were driving, I was looking for what he would possibly want to take a picture by.  As we pulled in.. I saw it.  I immediately took a huge gasp of breath.  I couldn't believe it.  The picture!  The huge statue!  I was blown away!  I loved it!  We hopped out of the car, in the pouring pouring rain mind you, and asked a guy walking by if he would take our picture. I must say....It was
PICTURE PERFECT!
The most perfect anniversary present!  
Afterwards, we drove back to Mission Viejo, went and had a yummy breakfast at Coco's, and went back to our warm house.  Since it was still pouring rain and cold outside, we rented some movies, got back in our jammies, and snuggled in front of the T.V. for the rest of the day.  
It was perfect.  What a wonderful first year anniversary. Here's to one year with my sweetheart and many more to come!  


  

2 comments:

NatBug said...

You are one lucky girl Abby! Who knew that Gabe was such a romantic? I love the picture idea...that is the best! He for sure gets bonus points for that one! Happy 1 year you guys!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

happy one year! it does sound like it was perfect!! happy new year also!!