Sunday, May 10, 2009

To our Mothers...

A mother is the truest friend
 we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity;
 when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble
 thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and
 counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and
 cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving


Happy Mothers day... 
To our wonderful Mothers!





First of all to our wonderful Grammy's!  We love you all so much!  Grandma Janet (on left) is so wonderful.  She is always so happy to see us and always offering to help us in any way she can.  My favorite times have been sitting around her dinner table and hearing all of her stories about her grandkids, her own kids, and about Grandpa Val  from "way back when".  Right after we got engaged she gave me the biggest hug, and a few tears rolled down her cheek and she said, "I'm so glad Gabe found you"... I'm so glad too.  We love you Grandma Janet!
To my Grammy Yates... she is probably the sweetest lady I have ever met.  Her entire life is devoted to her family.  I feel like the luckiest grand girl in the world.  My fondest memories are spending nights in lake powell looking up at the stars, talking with my grandparents, or eating cinnamin and sugar toast with the crusts cut off after a sleep over at grammy's, and seeing the sites of D.C. just me and them, and mostly spending a weekend with them and Gabe while we were dating, it was the perfect weekend and my grandparents got to see why I was so in love with this boy.  My grandparents were gracious enough to let Gabe and I live with them for a little bit while waiting to move to cali.  What an amazing experience to live in their house and to learn from their wonderful example.  We love you so much grammy, thank you for everything! 
To our grandma Harriet...  I was never lucky enough to meet Grandma Harriet but I've heard the stories... Gabe has told me about his favorite memories with his grandma... when he was little his mom would load all the boys in the car and they would drive down to St. George to visit Grandma.  They spent the days playing in the red dirt of southern Utah, going to football games, driving the golf carts, watching movies at night, and stocking up on bugell boy attire...( i don't know what that is but apparently some cool clothes because Gabe's eyes lit up when he told me about it.)  I have so heard so many wonderful things about her wisdom and her spirituality.  I cant wait to meet her.  We love you!
And lastly to My Grandma Spencer. What an amazing women.  Gabe also never got to meet her but I'm positive she loves him!  She is a lady devoted to serving her family and her Heavenly Father.  She spent so many years in the mission field, Florida, New Zealand, East Malasia, and working in the D.C. temple.  Our family was blessed so much by her service.  She loved her grandkids and often made us beautifully knit sweaters and the infamous slippers.  Even while she was sick, waiting to return to Heaven, she made me part of the clothes I wore when I was married to Gabe.  We miss her alot and I can't wait for Gabe to meet  her.  We love you Grandma!   
To our own sweet, beautiful mothers.  We love you so much!  You are both such a support to us.  We are so grateful that we came from such loving mothers that care so much about us.  So much of who we are is because of the dedication, commitment, teachings, and love you gave us when you raised us.  I am so grateful to Janice for raising such an amazing man and husband to me.  She is so sweet and so fun to spend time with.  I love hanging out and spending time with her.  And to my mom, thank you for everything.  One of the biggest compliments I get is when someone tells me that I remind them so much of you.  I love the diet coke runs, the sun tanning, and the hours of talking and laughing.  We love you so much so much and miss you both! 
Happy Mothers day moms!

No comments: