Friday, May 22, 2009

An equation...


Alright.  I'm going to add this all up....
   Me
+PLUS+
Gabriel
+PLUS+
a big state
+PLUS+
lots and lots and lots of strangers
+PLUS+
lots and lots of traffic
-SUBTRACT-
all our friends and family (except phone calls)
-SUBTRACT-
Utah (the only home I've ever known)
-SUBTRACT-
familiar faces and familiar places
+ADD IN+
the beautiful weather, where the sun comes out everyday
+PLUS+
the cutest little apartment that we call home
+PLUS+
 a great neighborhood with the nicest people
+A MAJOR PLUS+
the fact that Gabe gets to live in the area he works and loves the job he's so great at
+COMBINE+
JUST gabe and abby
=AND YOU GET=
a happy life

When we were getting ready to move from Salt Lake to Great big California.. to be honest, I was pretty nervous.  Everybody said that it was going to be the best thing for our marriage and our little family.  I knew that that would eventually be the case, only after I got over being home sick, got over being afraid.  But I have found that moving here to beautiful orange county has been the best decision we have made... right from the get go.  We love it here so much.  And in just the few weeks that we have been here I have found our marriage become so much stronger.  Gabe is my best friend.  I couldn't have asked for a more amazing guy to spend this adventure with and this happy life!   


2 comments:

lifeisapicnic said...

cute blog picture abbs!!! it looks like you had fun that night!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

glad you are enjoying the adventure! hope to see you guys soon!