Monday, February 23, 2009

Extreme Makeover...Blog Edition

Here I am again!  Can you believe this? I am a total blogging machine!  No really though, props to you guys that blog all the time. I am such a complete duphous when it comes to this blogging thing.  I've already been here for 45 minutes trying to make this dang thing look cute.  I struggle.  That is all there is too it.  BUT, don't give up on me yet.  I might be here for quite some time but I'll figure it out.   I wanted to put some pictures up of what we have been up to as of late.  Now... Don't judge me, but I'm updating all the way from Christmas.  I know.  I don't know if there is some kind of Blogging rule about the amount of time you have to Blog before it is just OLD news.  But just bare with the blogger rookie.  I'm getting better at this whole thing by the minute.  (mind you, I have now been sitting here for an hour and a half).  But... here it goes. Here are some of the things Gabe and I have been up to since the return of the Honeymoon.  I guess you could call it "REAL LIFE".  I don't care who you are "REAL LIFE" rocks!  Gabe and I have adopted the term "work hard, play hard", and that is what we have been trying to do.  Gabe is off some of the days during the month, traveling to other states, working hard at his job and doing awesome at it. And I am cutting away at super cuts.  But when we have days off...TOGETHER... we really try and have some fun. The following are REAL LIFE pics... brace yourselves....   
      
                         OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS TOGETHER AS THE VALENZUELA'S
At the Yates' and Mates family Christmas party on Christmas Eve... Santa Came!  

VIVA LAS VEGAS
Ok, this may have been one of the greatest weekends...EVER.  A few weeks ago Gabe and I decided to do somethin' other than rent a movie and sit on our bum cheeks.  So we decided to go to a Hockey game down town.  We were about half way to the game when we started talking about how cold it was in Utah and how we wanted to get away.  The next thing we knew we were back at home booking a room in Mesquite Nevada.  Then we were off. 
 We packed as fast as we could, hopped in the car and drove.  We got there pretty late friday night and played all weekend.  We drove into Vegas the next day, shopped a little, ate at the buffet, saw the fountain show at the Belagio, and walked the strip until our feet almost fell off.  Oh, and Gabe taught me how to gamble a little.  That lasted about 20 minutes.  Lets just
 say you won't see me on ESPN poker championship any time soon.  It was such an awesome weekend.  The best thing about it was that I got to hang out with my great husband every second of the day for 3 whole days!  I loved it!!!!

AS SWEET AS SUGAR
We all know that this could have been the greatest win in UTES history!  And we were at Gabe's parents house watching every second of it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again... Its always a good day to be a Ute... That day was a proud day to be a Ute!  We are so proud of our Utes!  

A NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN

Gabe and I had an Awesome Valentine's day this year.  It was the first year I didn't refer to it as "Single Awareness" day... More like "this is so great to be married to your best friend" day.  We spent most of the day together.  Then I went to work for a few hours and Gabe made the most delicious steak dinner.  We exchanged a few little gifts (Gabe is awesome by the way at the whole picking out gifts thing)  He gave me some cute shirts (the red one pictured above) and he got a jacket and tickets to the Jazz game for the next saturday.  I love Jazz games.  I'm going to be honest.  I don't really follow them all year round.  I'm one of those band wagon jumpers that hops on when the Jazz make the play offs.  Its fine. I'm fine with it.  Anywho. The next saturday, we drove down town and ate at our FAVORITE PLACE!!!! Crown Burger (also known as Astro Burger or Apollo Burger.... same diff, we love them all...)  ((I'm serious, its our place, we visit there WEEKLY))...ANYWHOO... We got a burger and headed over the ESA.  We started walking toward our seats.  And we kept walking and walking and walking.  I bought the tickets online, trying to stay in the budget... I didn't know staying in the budget meant sitting on the, I'm talking, THE VERY LAST ROW!  It was so funny.  When we got there, we sat next to this older couple.  The lady was great.  She had blue all through out her hair, with stick on Jazz tatoos on her cheeks.  Those were their SEASON tickets.  She raved all night how great those seats were.  ( Note the picture above with the WALL behind us... the wall behind the very last row.)  It didn't matter though.  We had a blast and to top it off the Jazz came out with a win.  All in all... my first "real" valentine's day was a complete success.  Mostly due to an amazing husband!



3 comments:

Erica said...

So cute Abs! I LOVE LOVE LOVE catching up on what you have been up to. I can't wait to get home and play!!! love you lots

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Abbs it looks FABULOUS!!! I am so proud of my girl. For the rest of the stuff, I will call you and we'll get er done! Sure love you guys and had the best Friday ever last week with you. I need that more often.

Lindsey Jayne said...

Abby! This is Lindsey Cracroft. I just want you to know, I've found your blog and you're officially on my stalking list. :) Congrats on getting married. You are so stinkin cute, and hope that everything is going well!!