Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Giving Thanks....


This year we celebrated Thanksgiving in Texas.  Gabe's little brother, Matt, lives in Houston so he made the drive up to Dallas and we ate dinner as a little family.  At first I was wanting to just go out to dinner since there were so few of us, (and really just afraid of cooking the feast), but Gabe talked me into cooking and I am so so glad he did.  It was so fun and so stressful all at the same time.  And that last hour is a rush.  Wow, I said after that I don't think I have properly thanked all the women in my life that have cooked me Thanksgiving dinner.  We had a great little dinner on Thursday and on Friday we invited the missionaries over for leftovers.  Londyn got to wear her new little turkey outfit that I made her complete with a turkey shirt, rag skirt, leg warmers and headband.  She was decked for the occasion.  It was such a great day and I loved thinking about all the many things I am grateful for.








The spread: complete with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sugared yams, corn casserole, jello, rolls, brownies and ice cream, and our thankful tree.  (We've been writing what we are thankful for all month on little leaves and putting them on our tree.)

I whipped out our fancy silverware.  They haven't been out of the box since we were married almost 4 years ago.  
She was totally content with a bowl and spoon just to make noise.
Carving the bird.
IT was  a wonderful holiday.  And we are especially thankful this year for our little cowgirl.  

2 comments:

Megan said...

You are stunning my friend! Can't wait to see you guys!!

K+B said...

You are absolutely gorgeous! And you have the most beautiful family :) I love Londyn's thanksgiving outfit!