Friday, March 26, 2010

The Big 2-7 Birthday Celebration!

Happy Birthday to my Handsome, Amazing Husband!!
Last Week marked Gabe's 27th birthday, and it was quite the birthday extravaganza! 

Gabe woke up on his birthday with balloons strategically placed all around the house and on his car.  (Much to Texas' dismay) Texas thought the balloons were predators and in an effort to protect us, at 5 a.m., barked and growled until the apartment complex all woke up.  I'm glad he's here... to protect us from the bad balloons.... 
After work that day Gabe and I headed down to the beach to eat some German Chocolate cake that I had made, (my first cake ever not from a box!  A milestone in my life for sure) And then watched the sunset. We sat on a blanket and drank Martinelli's, and enjoyed the most beautiful perfect sunset. 
I'm pretty sure the sunset was made just for Gabe's birthday.  It was absolutely amazing.  We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place.  
We topped the evening off with a dinner fit for a KING.  We enjoyed a yummy fish, steak, and lobster dinner out on the patio.  
The next day marked St. Patty's day.  Gabe said he never liked his birthday right after St. Patrick's day.  I like to think that its my lucky day. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him.  
To celebrate, we ate sandwiches out on our porch with green chips... 

While Texas basked in the sun.  Far enough away from the balloons that they wouldn't eat him.
On Thursday after work we made our way through the awesome LA traffic and picked up Gabe's mom from the airport.  It was so fun to have her in town!  She hasn't been down since we moved, and it was the perfect weekend!  The weather was amazing!  I wish we would have taken more pictures, but we were too busy shopping, eating at awesome restaurants, playing at the beach and chatting away!  It was so fun to have you down Janice!
On Saturday morning, we made our way down to the beautiful San Diego Temple.  What a perfect day!
Janice and I (and an old man) in front of the temple.
By the end of her stay, we were in much need of some beach time.  Unfortunately the fog rolled in and covered the beach.  Texas got to run around for a little bit before we headed home.  And I was able to snap this awesome shot, one of my favorites... I love the beach!!! Thanks for coming Janice!  It was so fun to spend time with you!!!  


I can't believe a year has past since this picture on Gabe's 26th birthday.  We have been on quite an adventure since then! It has been an awesome year, and I fall more in love with Gabe everyday. He is such an amazing person.  I was going to write 27 things I love about Gabe,I will spare you all the mushy gushy details.  He knows I love him more than anything. 
I love you Gabe!  Happy 27th!  Here's to the you, and the next year. I can't wait for all the adventures!

No comments: