Wednesday, February 17, 2010

L.O.V.E.


HappyValentine's day!!!! I absolutely loved Valentine's day when I was a little girl.  What a fun pink and red holiday it was.  I loved making sugar cookies with my mom and taking them to my grandparents house to leave on the doormat, doorbell ditch, and think for sure they would never find me. I loved making valentines boxes to take to school  for other kids to drop valentines into.  I loved trying to pick out the coolest valentine of my boxed cards to give to the boy I had a little crush on that year. I loved getting the valentine from "Guess who", I always knew it was grandma.  I loved love day.  
As I grew older and into my college years, I experienced a couple Valentine's days as what some would call, "single awareness day".  Valentine's day seemed to have lost its sparkle.  On Feb. 14,
 2008, my sister and I celebrated V-day with Sushi and a facial, boasting about how we didn't need a man on Valentine's day. (That was fun Laur!)
Two weeks later, into my life, walked Gabe Valenzuela, my Forever Valentine.  And all of a sudden, the sparkle came back...
This year for valentiene's, Gabe and I took a little trip to the east of Cali and hit the Sunshine in Arizona.  Gabe has a lot of Marriott points from all of his travels, so we decided to put some of them to good use. What a nice weekend it was, feeling the sun on my face and holding the hand of the guy I am head over heels in love with. 
We dropped Texas off at a little place called "Camp Bow Wow". What a fun place for him.  He loved it.  There were so many other dogs to play with and playgrounds to play on. And the cool thing is, you could watch him on the internet... (even though we didn't).  I felt like a mom, finally getting some time with my husband, with out the kids around... (is that terrible?)  We did miss the little guy though... that's him... can you see him on the t.v.?
We finally made it to the Marriott... I love Marriotts by the way.  Gabe had them send up Ice Cream and Diet Pepsi.  There's nothing better than eating ice cream in a big, clean, white, king sized bed, surrounded by pillows... I love it!
We were loving our treats. 
So judging by our last SuperBowl post, you would think I could lay off the food pics.  But I couldn't resist.  We went to the NUMMIEST resteraunt called Fajitas on Saturday night.  (Crashing the wedding didn't work out) ;) The table was so colorful, I had to take a picture.  Don't worry, I will spare you the picture at our valentine's lunch the next day after we stuffed ourselves full of Black Angus Steaks...After dinner we went back and enjoyed the hot tub and the robes... another reason why Marriott wins.... The Robes.  I don't know what it is about wearing a robe in a hotel.  I feel so posh like I need to be in a movie or something. And yes, there are swimsuits under those awesome robes....On Valentine's day, Gabe and I became official Califorinians.... (I'm not sure that's a word.) We'd both been wanting some good flip flops and I found a Rainbow Sandals place near the beach that sells them for an awesome deal.  All the "locals" here own a pair of rainbows.  I didn't get what the big deal was... until now... Totally Comfy.  Pretty sure I haven't taken them off.  Gabe said "NO" to the foot picture, claiming he didn't want his Fred Flinstone foot to be posted on the internet.  I think his foot is cute and therefore... the posted picture of our new sandals.The Ice bucket and the 10 second timer didn't act as the greatest photographer in the world.  But at least we got a pic together on Valentine's day.  Gabe looked so handsome.  My husband is hott.Gabe bought me a beautiful single red rose.  It was perfect.
The whole weekend was simply amazing.  And the best part was that I got to spend every second for two whole days with my amazing husband, my sweetheart, my best friend.  I feel so lucky to be his valentine.  What an amazing man he is.  I am so in love.
Hope your Valentine's was filled with love.
Oh...
and Texas wanted to wish you all a
    




6 comments:

Jessi said...

K, I'm soooo glad you said you are going to stalk me because I have been stalking you for about a month now. I'm so glad we found each other!!

You're V-day sounds wonderful and dreamy! You guys are adorable, wish you lived closer!! Love you pet!!

Jess

Trav and Lizzie said...

You guys are so cute, LOVE it.
And your husband is freaking hot.
Seriously.
But you are hot too. So basically, I can't wait to see your hot babies.

Erica said...

dude, so cute. the rainbow store in CA is one of our favorite shops. i love that they are super cheap there. that is soooo close to tj's parents house down there, how close is that to you guys? next time we are down there i must come see
you.

lifeisapicnic said...

what a fun valentine's celebration! i am so glad you had so much fun! you guys look great! love you

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dear ABBY,

Thanks for the awesome picture of my feet on the internet. Now 3 million of my closest friends know EXACTLY how my feet look. Good thing I think I'm beautiful. (And your friend thinks I'm hott! jk)

Sincerely,
FRED FLINTSTONE

PS. I will make your BEDROCK...