Friday, October 3, 2008

A UTAH MAN SIR, AND WILL BE 'TILL I DIE...KI YI



What a game! Last night Gabe and I went to the University of Utah football game.  For anyone that knows me, you know that I am an advid Utah fan. And it turns out, luckily for me, that Gabe is just as much a fan. We were lucky enough to be able to sit in his dad's seats on the 10th yard line, 6th row!  Oh how I love the Football games.  The crazy Utah fans, the sea of red surrounding me... even the smell of the stadium makes me happy.  Yesterday  was a particularly crucial game because Utah was playing Oregon State, the team that, just a week before, had defeated #1 team USC.  The game was awesome!  Our boys came in with so much energy and everybody was so pumped up.  We lost a little bit of umph in the second half, but with 2 minutes left in the game, the Utes drove the ball down the field and our kicker Louie Sakoda kicked the game winning field goal, todefeate the Beavers 31-28!  
 Everyone rushed the field chanting "UTAH!" and "LOUIE!"  My friend once told me that everyday was a good day to be a Ute... but yesterday was a proud day to be a Ute. And as the song says... "Who am I sir? A Utah man am I, a Utah man Sir, will be 'till I die...Ki Yi!....GO UTES!!!"

3 comments:

Erica said...

Cute Abbs! You are so cute! I am glad to see a new post and of course I am glad to see that it is about the UTES!!! What a game huh?!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

looks like fun you two are such a cute couple!

Youngins said...

YEAAA girl i'm soooo excited for you!!!!!! Its so fun being married, i cant wait to come to the wedding!!!